Development - Initial Imagery

Developing initial ideas for imagery for the tourist guide


- I started experimenting with different ideas for the imagery of the tourist guide for things such as the postcards and images in the booklets by manipulating photographs from the trip I took to the area.

As I had never really looked into the tool of livetracing on Illustrator other than for creating outlines of simple shapes, and I was interested to see what else I could use it for. I started by live tracing a photograph of houses in Khayelitsha in the colour mode with 6 colours:


I then changed the colours of different shapes in the image and added areas of other colours to the image until I achieved a collage/oil paint style texture and feel to the image:


I then repeated the same process with different images from my trip.
- Hands of the children from the pre-school plus hands of the group I travelled there with:



Cape Town as seen from Table Mountain:


Cape Town and Table Mountain:

South African flag:

17 September 2012 by Andrea Hannah Cooper
Categories: , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply